Map pin action or change header in map

Morning all, I have an map as shown below which I am having trouble with and what a better user experience. The map pins identify where people have raised reports I want the user to be able to tap the pin and it brings up the full report, however when you tap the pin you get the map data at the bottom of the map appear and then you to tap that to view the full report. From a user point of view there is no guidance on having to tap this to view the full report. The other alternative is for the GPS header to show tap here to view full report but instead it shows GPS location. Any idea's?

bradley_davis1_0-1650877450696.png

0 2 148
  • UX
2 REPLIES 2

I don't think there is a way to change what happens when a pin is tapped, it will always bring up a deck view in the bottom of the screen. You can create and configure your own deck view to be displayed  Solved: Controlling detail beneath Google map - Google Cloud Community  but it is not possible to change the first row which is showing the coordinates  Map View : Make the latlong/xy/address string to b... - Google Cloud Community  

One suggestion, I bit of a kludge I admit, is to create a virtual column in your table which contains the string "Tap here to view full report" and then display that field in your custom deck view.

ThanKs Graham,

Funny enough I did excatly that after i posted and put a virtual column displaying the message "tap here to see more information" ๐Ÿ™‚

Its one bug I have with appsheet is the inablility to guide the user with help prompts.

But thank you for taking the time to reply its much appriecated.

Bradley

Top Labels in this Space