Mass entries in a form

Hello everyone,
I have a new question, is it possible to make mass entries in a form?

I need to make 10 entries regularly in a form but one by one can be long, if there is a solution to make a batch entry
I'm a taker.

Thank you all and have a nice day! ๐Ÿ˜€

0 4 180
4 REPLIES 4

@arnaudv wrote:

I need to make 10 entries regularly in a form but one by one can be long, if there is a solution to make a batch entry

If those entries are repetitive or based on some logic such as based on date etc. or those are dependent on each other by some formula and in a form for new record, you could try initial values. 

There are some other options such as deep link actions LINKTOFORM() and add a new row to a table based on values from this row. However all these will work or not will depend on your use case.

If you share more details such as if it is a form for a new record or same record etc. , the community could help you better.

Define app formulas and initial values - AppSheet Help

App column type (deep link) - AppSheet Help

@Suvrutt_Gurjar  Thanks for this first feedback and for the links
Indeed, it is a form for a new registration based on the date and other information arranged in columns.

However, I don't see how you can enter data in a form.

As I mentioned, if the data has some predetermined pattern, then you could use options such as "initial values". However if the data entry each time is totally random , meaning there is no pattern that can be set in an expression, then it will not be possible.

@arnaudv wrote:

new registration based on the date

If there is any pattern, in this registration, then you could use initial values.

For example, when the form is saved, if the date of saving the form is the date of registration, then [Registration Date] column could have initial value setting of TODAY().

@Suvrutt_Gurjar 
Okay, I understand. I need to test this

Top Labels in this Space