Matching user input with pre-existing table

I’m fairly new to AppSheet, with minimal knowledge regarding expressions.

I have established a table of Inventory with various criteria columns (item name, size, color, etc)
I also have a table of requested items with the same criteria, that are input by various users.

I would like to be notified when entering new inventory (or shortly afterwards), if there is a user requesting an item that matches the criteria I enter. Furthermore, I would also like the user to be notified of a possible match.

How would I go about setting up the tables to search for matches with each new entry into either table?

I have found and replicated this Multi-Search Demo App to help create a non-automated search using multiple variables. However, I do not know how to implement the continuous search from either table I require.

I believe I understand how to create the action and workflow element of this scenario, but any help regarding the effort to match the rows from their respective tables would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

0 2 158
2 REPLIES 2

@Daly_Finds
Will you explicitly be looking for all the criteria match (item name, size, color etc.) from Requested Items table?

I will want to search for as much information as is provided by the user.

ie someone may want specifically a large blue sweatshirt, or they may just request a large sweatshirt (without a color preference)

Top Labels in this Space