Mathematical Calculations at a field

Hello,
In a field, I would like to make mathematical/accounting calculations.

For example:
Name: George K.
Total Products (Price): 350 $

The 350 $ is a number that I would like to be the sum for the 100+50+50+150. It is important for me, when I am typing each time these calculations to be recorded on my data source (spreadsheet).

What I am doing now? I make the calculations and I just type the final number, which that means I have not any log of the recordings either in my data source either in my app and of course is not a fast procedure.

So, imagine instead of make the calculations and type the result in the Total Products (Price): I just press + (or -, or /, etc) and the field make the calculation itself and the new calculation will be saved to my spreadsheet, which that means I will always have a function in the relative cell =(100+50+50+150).

I would really appreciate it if someone could help me with this.

Sorry For My English!

0 3 317
3 REPLIES 3

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Not possible within a single field.

As @Steve mentioned, a single field certainly can’t accomplish what I think you are describing.

There is likely an alternative way to accomplish what you want. But I am not totally clear on what you need.

In your example, where does the formula = 100+50+50+150 come from? I.e. what doe the 4 numbers represent?

When you say, “I just press + (or -, or /, etc) and the field make the calculation itself”, what does this mean? Are you wanting to be able to have multiple formulas and then choose in some way which formula to apply?

Hi!

The formula =100+50+50+150 is coming from a spreadsheet (Google Drive).
Now, I have to go to this spreadshet to update the cell with the records. (for example: if George bought today products of a total price 50 , I will type to the spreadsheet at Google Drive in the relative cell the +50. So now the formula will be =100+50+50+150+**50**. At the app I am going to see the final number which it will be 400 .)

Now, what I am looking for, is how I can avoid opening my speadsheet in order to type the new amount using the appsheet. Below a picture with my thought.

Hope I helped to explained what I am thinking.
Thank you in advance for your help.

Top Labels in this Space