Mathematical Calculations at a field

Hello,
In a field, I would like to make mathematical/accounting calculations.

For example:
Name: George K.
Total Products (Price): 350 $

The 350 $ is a number that I would like to be the sum for the 100+50+50+150. It is important for me, when I am typing each time these calculations to be recorded on my data source (spreadsheet).

What I am doing now? I make the calculations and I just type the final number, which that means I have not any log of the recordings either in my data source either in my app and of course is not a fast procedure.

So, imagine instead of make the calculations and type the result in the Total Products (Price): I just press + (or -, or /, etc) and the field make the calculation itself and the new calculation will be saved to my spreadsheet, which that means I will always have a function in the relative cell =(100+50+50+150).

I would really appreciate it if someone could help me with this.

Sorry For My English!

0 3 314
3 REPLIES 3

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Not possible within a single field.

As @Steve mentioned, a single field certainly canโ€™t accomplish what I think you are describing.

There is likely an alternative way to accomplish what you want. But I am not totally clear on what you need.

In your example, where does the formula = 100+50+50+150 come from? I.e. what doe the 4 numbers represent?

When you say, โ€œI just press + (or -, or /, etc) and the field make the calculation itselfโ€, what does this mean? Are you wanting to be able to have multiple formulas and then choose in some way which formula to apply?

Hi!

The formula =100+50+50+150 is coming from a spreadsheet (Google Drive).
Now, I have to go to this spreadshet to update the cell with the records. (for example: if George bought today products of a total price 50 , I will type to the spreadsheet at Google Drive in the relative cell the +50. So now the formula will be =100+50+50+150+**50**. At the app I am going to see the final number which it will be 400 .)

Now, what I am looking for, is how I can avoid opening my speadsheet in order to type the new amount using the appsheet. Below a picture with my thought.

Hope I helped to explained what I am thinking.
Thank you in advance for your help.

Top Labels in this Space