Menu Items using Splice

I have created a menu system with some help from the "Internet". This is the filter condition I am currently using:

IF(LOOKUP(USEREMAIL(), Users, Email, User Type) = โ€œAdminโ€, [Type] = โ€œMenuโ€, AND ([Type] = โ€œMenuโ€, [Admin?] = Other))

Data:

Users: "User Type" - "Admin" or "Other"

Menu Identifiers: "Type" - "Menu"

Admin?: Asks if the user is an admin.

Current scenario: So I have user types (Admin and Other). I am using this condition in a slice to control what is viewable depending on user type. Currently, I have 3 items in the Menu [Type] but 2 of them is "Admin"[Admin?]. So if a user type using the App is "Other"[Type], they only see 1 of the items and Admin sees all 3.

I want to add a new item [SCR] and the users types will also have an extra [SCR]. 

I would like the code to check if the user is "Other", "Admin" and if they have the "SCR". If they have Other, they only see 1 item, Admin, they see all, SCR they only see 2.

IF(LOOKUP(USEREMAIL(), Users, Email, User Type) = โ€œAdminโ€, [Type] = โ€œMenuโ€, AND ([Type] = โ€œMenuโ€, [Admin?] = Other))

The code above only checks for Menu Type, User Type. I want to add a third Menu Type and a third User Type. So hopefully:

IF(LOOKUP(USEREMAIL(), Users, Email, User Type, SCR?) = โ€œAdminโ€, [Type] = โ€œMenuโ€,  โ€œSCRโ€, [Type] = โ€œSCRโ€, AND ([Type] = โ€œMenuโ€, [Admin?] = Other))

Hope that helps.

0 2 86
2 REPLIES 2

@Domearian wrote:

IF(LOOKUP(USEREMAIL(), Users, Email, User Type, SCR?) = โ€œAdminโ€, [Type] = โ€œMenuโ€,  โ€œSCRโ€, [Type] = โ€œSCRโ€, AND ([Type] = โ€œMenuโ€, [Admin?] = Other))

I'm not sure I understand the problem.  Is this not working?  Are you getting an error?

Please share the screenshot of your tables in order for us to understand what you are trying to do with your expression

Top Labels in this Space