Menu Navigation

Hi all,

I am having difficulty to navigate through the menu buttons

Is it possible to download my App for someone to assist?

My Maine Menu has  a Reports button and a Logistics button

When I click on Logistics, the Logistics SubMenu must open to show Edit Customers, Edit Suppliers and Edit Products

I just can not get the Reports and Logistics button to show the other forms

0 22 609
22 REPLIES 22

Hi

I suppose the your action must open a form, where you can edit those comumns. Is it correct?
In any case, please provide screenshots and more details in order to help you
Thanks

Hi,

First screen shot is my Home page

Gismo_0-1660138235382.png

Gismo_1-1660138289748.png

The Logistics button must open a page to display edit customer, edit supplier and edit products

Gismo_5-1660138433439.pngGismo_6-1660138452992.png

Once in the Logistics Submenu, I want to click on either of the suppliers, customers and or products to view or add

hi

this is helpful 

Maybe I'm not understanding your problem well but, it would not work for you to use LINKTOFORM() ?

Hi all,

I am having issues to open the logistics subform from the main menu and then to display the other forms from the sub menu

If link to form wont work, then I dont understand what I need to do

Here is my main menu

Gismo_0-1660278687108.png

Gismo_1-1660278777913.png

From the main menu, when I click on Logistics, the logistics submenu should open to display customer, supplier and products

Gismo_2-1660278813335.pngGismo_3-1660278848545.png

To display and edit customer

Gismo_4-1660278914874.png

Not sure what other screen show will be helpfull

Please could you assist

Hi, I think that @Kabuliรฑo answer can solve your problem. Try it out and let us know if this solves your problem

you can also reference these examples on this APP if you are not sure how to proceed: 

Navigation Example App

This app demonstrates how to use actions to navigate to different views, apps, and external links from within an app.

Hi,

I have already looked at the Navigation Example App, they used the liketoform, I basically followed this app but still not able to perform as required, this app does not go the subforms there other forms can be opened, and please correct me if I am wrong

Kabuline did not supply a solution, he only commented on the instruction I used.

Some assistance would by much appreciated as I am currently stuck

Maybe if someone could suggest a different app to investigate please

sorry, I think that Edit Customers is a table view not a form, as you show in the image, so you need to link to a form view if this is what you want

also check if the tables Customers, Suppliers and Products have permission to be edited

I mean something like this 

franc_0-1660295591388.png

where at least updates, and I suppose adds, must be allowed

Hi

Yes customers, suppliers and products are all Table view's with position as Ref

All these tables have Update and add allowed

as I said, if you want to edit the data you need to be in a form view, not a table view. therefore you must get there either directly from the action button or, if the button goes to the table view, from the table once the user clicks on it (see the references I have just written before)

also, when you add a table you normally have these views automatically available 

franc_2-1660295808026.png

if you click on the "show in preview" of the type form, you should be able to see the form that you are looking for. Link it if this is what you need or make a copy and modify it (you can also modify the original but I don't recommend it)

franc_3-1660295991893.png

if what you want is to link to a table first and then click on the same to go to another view to edit its data, you might want to check this discussion and APP

https://www.googlecloudcommunity.com/gc/Tips-Tricks/Sample-App-Child-table-with-multiple-parents-Sho...

https://www.appsheet.com/templates/Autocreated-from-Google-Sheets?appGuidString=8e6f6cfd-22a5-4060-b...

No, I want to click on Logistics on the main menu to open the logistics submenu where I will then have the customer, supplier and products

I can't see any screenshot of the Logistic submenu if I am not wrong. So I suppose it is a table and that the example that I provided you before is useful in your case. If not, please explain in more detail.

I mean this https://www.googlecloudcommunity.com/gc/Tips-Tricks/Sample-App-Child-table-with-multiple-parents-Sho...

https://www.googlecloudcommunity.com/gc/Tips-Tricks/Sample-App-Child-table-with-multiple-parents-Sho...

The Home screen Logistics button should open Logistics submenu

I don't know how to achieve this and not sure I below screenshot will explain the way I set it up or how to change this to enable to see the logistics submenu to display customs suppliers and products

Gismo_0-1660301353708.png

Yes, this is clear from the beginning but it isn't easy to understand what you have in mind exactly. From this screenshot, I understand that there is an action that opens a form. That's all I see. I am not sure what this "submenu" is for you, this is why a screenshot of this would be helpful if exists or if you are still trying to build it, a detailed description of the same would help. Also, if you click on the action "Logistic SubMenu" and take a screenshot of it, we could see how you set up this action in detail and maybe we could spot some additional insight. You see everything, we see only what you explain and what we understand from your explanation could be the same thing you mean or something very different.

My Logistics submenu shows blank

Gismo_0-1660304520378.png

I linked the Logistics submenu to data from Logistics which is located on the main menu

Gismo_1-1660304605358.png

Gismo_3-1660304677552.png

And below is how is setup the customers form

Gismo_4-1660304821342.png

Hope this helps and thank you for the support

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

You do not understand how views and actions work. I recommend you read more documentation and experiment more.

Views: The Essentials - AppSheet Help

Hi Steve,

I read through your attachment

I am not sure where I am going wrong, all my view such as for the customer, suppliers and products seem fine, I just can not seem to get a view of the logistics sub menu, even when I link the logistics sub menu to the Logistics button located on the main menu

Gismo_0-1660540783290.png

Gismo_1-1660540834649.png

And the Customers, suppliers and the products linked to the Logistics submenu

Gismo_2-1660540893252.png

Customers, supplier and product seems to view just fine

Gismo_3-1660540978164.png

So I am not sure where I am going wrong to view the Logistics submenu

Does your Logistics table have any data in it?

Logistics and Logistics submenu table does not have any Data in it

Which is why your views don't work. You don't understand how views work. Go back and actually read and understand the documentation.

Top Labels in this Space