MenuLauncher Image Issue

I have implemented the MenuLauncher concept in my App and have put Images in a MenuLauncher Images Folder, but it is not displaying the Images.
I have also tried putting the Images in the App folder where my Google Sheet is, but still not displaying.
I have tried 3 x types of Image Folder Reference expressions. None of them work
See the screenshots of the Error, GoogleSheet setup, and my Google Drive setup.

I have tried Image and Thumbnail Type columns. Still no luck

Any guidance would be appreciated

0 24 872
24 REPLIES 24

Hi @Henry_Scott
Is the data spreadsheet in the folder SOXOperations and the images in the folder MenuLauncher from SOXOperations? If so, the correct way to reference the photo is as in READTY2SHIP. Column must be image type.

@Mariano_Sanz_Gil yes they are and I agree on the format. Not sure why it is not working

Are the images stored in the correct folder for your app?

2X_5_5cbb64e634c206dfcd059ae42a5448d551c849a8.png

Sometimes you have to manually set the folder path.

Yes they are. @MultiTech_Visions
I tried a Folder and the Root where the App Google Sheet is located

Have you specified the folder path in the image column?

โ€œ/MenuLauncher/โ€

2X_0_03a8fcd35ded557695fc71a463da75b0f6b7a232.png

@MultiTech_Visions, I now included it, but still not displaying.

In the Cell of the Google Sheet, I have tried the following as reference and no luck.
/MenuLauncher/shipping_fast_icon.png
./MenuLauncher/shipping_fast_icon.png.
shipping_fast_icon.png
MenuLauncher/shipping_fast_icon.png

I think this might be a bug, Iโ€™m having the same issue and things worked last night.

2X_9_979dfd22ee2ec34efdfc5eefb5a29aa19f16be3d.png
2X_2_2e4895031e010d7297cfae64ef39baaeb10df59d.png

@Aleksi are you seeing anything like this too??

@Henry_Scott check the permissions for the folder that contains the images - make sure the account holding the app has access.

Those screenshots I put up corrected themselves when I did two things:

1. gave permission to the appโ€™s account to access the images folder
  2. set the folder path (which youโ€™ve already done)

Once I did these they cleared up, might that be your issue as well?

@MultiTech_Visions. thanks for the input. Let me try that

@MultiTech_Visions - you mean in Google Drive give access by going to the โ€œShareโ€ Menu option on the folder? If that is the case, then my GMAIL Account already has access

@MultiTech_Visions if I set the Folder Path in Appsheet, then in my GoogleSheet Image Column I can merely refer to the image without a folder structure?

No, you still need the structure there (I believe).

Let me checkโ€ฆ

I tested 5 apps and all images are working fine. I also cleared the cache from the mobile deviceโ€ฆ but still working fine.

@Aleksi. I followed @MultiTech_Visions instructions below. Still no luck.
Can you maybe check out the App??

@Henry_Scott If the image name contains the path as you have used, there is no need to set the folder path in the image columnโ€™s definition. Try to add totally new png image if that could work.

@Aleksi and @MultiTech_Visions . I have tried everything you suggested above.
New Image in the folder, Gave my account access and shared with anyone on the web. Cleared my browser cache et. etc.
Still not working
Obviously missing something else!!

Hmmmโ€ฆ The folder containing the images is inside the same folder that has the Gsheet right? (I think you said yes, but figured Iโ€™d ask again.)

At this point Iโ€™m at a loss.

Yes I tried both that and a Subfolder

@Henry_Scott What is your account ID and app name if I check that? Would you please share the gSheet as well with aleksi@appsheet.com, thanks.

@Aleksi I am infront of my Laptop in 2 hours. Will send then. Much appreciated

Okay

Just FYI, the main reason was the wrong file extension name.

Hi Aleksi

Yes in my 2nd round of changing images this was the issue for sure, but the original scenario was still confusing. Seems like a transient Google Server issue then

Thanks for the help

Top Labels in this Space