Microsoft 365 Login - Without Email Inbox/Subcription

Hi all,

For the last 3-4 years, I have been using Microsoft 365 for login authentication for all of the apps I build/develop for companies. Seperate to the per user licence costs that AppSheet charges, this allowed custom domain login without having to pay a per user licence fee for the authentication email as well.

Fast forward to the last few weeks - now there has been some sort of verification update that forces all users to have an email inbox to allow signing into appsheet.

I have spoken with Microsoft and now with AppSheet Support who have said that the email inbox is now mandatory and there will be no changes to this, despite anybody's use case for this.

Right now, for the customers (and myself) that don't want to carry 40+ subscriptions for an app that 40 customers use, my only two options are:

• Issue free Microsoft Accounts to everybody (which means they will be signing in with @outlook.com email addresses, which many customers will be very unhappy about)
  • Constantly cycle a few subscriptions through the list when people need to login again

Does anybody have any other similar solutions, even if that involves changing authentication providers?

I surely can't be the only person that figured this out and was doing it for the past few years.

Thanks in advance!

0 1 1,569
1 REPLY 1

Top Labels in this Space