Migrate app and keep Gdrive links

Hi community,

Ive built an app on a Google account that I want to now remove from my workspace account. 

I want to transfer the app to a different Workspace account and I know that I can assign it, which I've done before and assign the Google sheet too. 

My question relates specifically to Files and photos that have been attached to the app. 

How will I move those "links" so that the files are able to be found in the new Workspace account, or will they need to be added manually?

Anyone had experience with this before?

0 1 64
1 REPLY 1

I've migrated apps, data sources, associated Apps Script projects, etc., across accounts like you describe. Some pieces were more straightforward than others--especially when transferring from a personal account to a Workspace account. I don't have experience transferring between accounts across Workspaces. Basically, the techniques to try are:

• Transfer ownership directly if you can (e.g., this works for apps themselves)
  • If that doesn't work and you don't need to change explicit file ownership, try sharing the file from the source account to the target account.
  • If necessary, share the file from the source account to the target account, copy the file in the target account, and then update the app's reference to the new file.
Top Labels in this Space