Missing Table?

Hi,

I am working on a new app to make all the entered data from my other apps easier to read than the google sheets view. I added a 4th table to the data section, when I went to the columns tab to add a virtual column the 4th table does not show up as an option. When I click on “View columns” from the data table screen it takes me to one of my other table’s columns. Does anyone know how I can get it to work? I have another 2 tables to add.

0 6 458
6 REPLIES 6

tony1

@Kayleigh_Seeley Can I take a look at your app? Just need the app name, please.

The app is called “Reports”. It is my prototype app.

Thanks,

Kayleigh Seeley ‘17 | Program Assistant

BCS Campus Administration, College of Medicine | Texas A&M University

CHI St. Joseph’s Regional Hospital | 2801 Franciscan dr | Bryan, TX 77802

ph: 979.436.0970 |
seeley@medicine.tamhsc.edu

MAKING WHAT IF POSSIBLE **| **whatif.tamhsc.edu

tony1

Hi, I think I’ve found the bug. Could you verify that you’ve done something like this:

1. Add a table called Form Responses 1
  2. Rename it to Table1
  3. Add another, different table called Form Responses 2
  4. Rename it to Table2
    … (repeat)

If so, I believe you’ve hit a bug. I should be able to fix it soon. But in the mean time, could you try doing this instead?

1. Add all of your tables, one after another, without renaming
  2. Rename the tables that need to be renamed

I have renamed every table as I upload it. I will go back in and simply upload and then rename.

Thanks,

Kayleigh Seeley ‘17 | Program Assistant

BCS Campus Administration, College of Medicine | Texas A&M University

CHI St. Joseph’s Regional Hospital | 2801 Franciscan dr | Bryan, TX 77802

ph: 979.436.0970 |
seeley@medicine.tamhsc.edu

MAKING WHAT IF POSSIBLE **| **whatif.tamhsc.edu

I ended up deleting the app labeled “Reports” and started over. I uploaded all the information first and then changed the names of the tables and they all showed up in the columns tab for editing afterwards. This issue has been resolved!

Looks like you have confirmed the bug @tony was looking to fix. I don’t know if the code has been fixed or not, but glad you found a workaround.

Top Labels in this Space