More App Roles

Hi,

Is it possible to manage more app roles than Admin or User ?

0 8 535
8 REPLIES 8

Roderick
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Bulubulu,

If I understand your question, yes it is possible to manage more AppSheet app roles than Admin or User. Accounts can create custom roles with specific permissions for users. To do this, follow these steps:

1. Go to the App Settings page.
  2. Click Roles.
  3. Click Create Role.
  4. Enter a name for the role.
  5. Select the permissions that you want to give users with this role.
  6. Click Create.

Once you have created a custom role, you can assign it to users by going to the Users page and selecting the user that you want to assign the role to. In the Roles section, select the role that you want to assign to the user.

Some admins have created the below custom roles that you might be similar to what you're looking for:

• Sales Representative - This role would have permissions to view and edit sales data, but not to create or delete users.
  • Customer Service Representative - This role would have permissions to view and update customer data, but not to view or edit sales data.
  • Account Manager - This role would have permissions to view, edit, and create all types of data.

You can also use custom roles to control access to specific features in your app. For example, you could create a role that allows users to view reports, but not to create or edit them.

By using custom roles, you can give users the exact permissions that they need to do their jobs. This helps to keep your data secure and to prevent unauthorized users from making changes to your data.

Hope this help!

Once in the app settings, I couldn't find the role button you mentioned in point 2.

Roderic, is this feature live alread? At least I couldn't find it either with Free or Enterprise subscription.

Is this a real option as there is no role option in settings.

This would be an easy way to manage roles. However there is no such "Roles" option. It is very sad that despite all the mentions about the missing option You never respond to that.

Schaue folgendes Video dir an, welches alles erklรคrt:

Bilde eine Benutzertabelle  

Thanks for flagging this. Never knew that this detailed response existed from Google staff. But as pointed out this does not appear to be an available option.

Thank you to @dbaum for responding with the Summary Tip however. I have to say that I am always curious though where the editable if is enforced (client/server)? Google App Maker was quiet a bit better in my opinion for securing page views because certain pages if they were restricted were never included in the DOM tree when the application was rendered. Also row level security could be verified server side and edits could be rejected.

Top Labels in this Space