Most recent unique child records list.

I have a child table with DateTime stamp like the following:

Screen Shot 2022-08-16 at 20.35.30.png

It gets updated by a webhook everytime there is an update.

Iยดd like to show a list of the most recent child records which are not repeated at the parent view.

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Solved Solved
0 9 272
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ok, that's a weird one.

I suggest you to add a new column called something like [pseudo_id] to make things easier. This new column would have all of the values from the columns you need to check to make something like a "Computed key". I also suggest to remove spaces, so:

SUBSTITUTE(
 CONCATENATE(
  [Column_1],
  [Column_2],
  [Column_3],
  [Column_4],
  [Column_n],
 ),
 " ",
 ""
)

Then, your slice could have something like this on the row filter condition (please test and come back):

[DateTimeColumn]
=
MAX(
 SELECT(
  YourTableName[DateTimeColumn],
  [_THISROW-1].[pseudo_id]=[pseudo_id]
 )
)

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

@jairod wrote:

Iยดd like to show a list of the most recent child records which are not repeated at the parent view.

You want:

1. Most recent child records
  2. Unique values
  3. On the parent Detail View

?

I confirm the 3 points are correct.

Ok, easy enough.

But! What's the criteria to say that certain record is repeated? After that, I can help you make a slice and a List column (aka [Related whatever])

A repeated record is all the columns repeated except the DateTime.

Ok, that's a weird one.

I suggest you to add a new column called something like [pseudo_id] to make things easier. This new column would have all of the values from the columns you need to check to make something like a "Computed key". I also suggest to remove spaces, so:

SUBSTITUTE(
 CONCATENATE(
  [Column_1],
  [Column_2],
  [Column_3],
  [Column_4],
  [Column_n],
 ),
 " ",
 ""
)

Then, your slice could have something like this on the row filter condition (please test and come back):

[DateTimeColumn]
=
MAX(
 SELECT(
 )
)

I was able to list the most recent items by using the following formula in a filter:

DateTimeColumn]
=
MAX(
 SELECT(
 )
)โ€‹

However the concatenate formula in the virtual column of the source table did not allow for the filter to work properly. Anyoneยดs guess why is as good as mine.
And it did work using a concatenate formula directly in the source spreadsheet table.

@jairod wrote:

the concatenate formula in the virtual column of the source table did not allow for the filter to work properly.

Can you explain that a little bit more accurate?

I checked my formulas and was missing the

SUBSTITUTE(

Before concatenate.

I fixed that and it works.

Top Labels in this Space