Move data from a row to a detail view of another table?

I need to send this particular row to another table using the values in that row.  In this example, I want the row info/.data to move to the view "Pay Invoice" which is a separate table.

Tiger1_0-1660154068793.png

0 23 404
23 REPLIES 23

Move or copy?

Copy -> Add a row to another table using values of this row
Move -> Same but inside a Grouped action including Deletion at the end. Not tested

I am using this but it will NOT take the specific row values/data that I click on:

Tiger1_0-1660155467926.png

What triggers the action?

The user clicks on the button:

Tiger1_0-1660157065266.png

I don't see anything wrong with the configuration you posted.

Your original request suggests a new row is created, but does not include values from the original row. Do any columns of the new row get values? If so, what values do they get? Where do the values come from?

The new row DOES get values.  But it just puts a value in the field from another row.  for example, If I choose this row:

Tiger1_0-1660157731411.png

The values in that row did NOT add to the new row in the other table:

Tiger1_1-1660157798002.png

However, these values DID add (even though that is NOT the row I selected):

Tiger1_2-1660157854898.png

I have noticed that no matter which row I select - the same values get added

Add [_THISROW]. before all of the columns

i tried that too - it did the same...

Do it and share an screenshot

ok

Tiger1_2-1660159041090.png

Why are you using a Detail view at the left?

Maybe it's just the same row again and again (the first one from that dataset) and your action is actually working

i am trying to move the data into that detail view so then the user can enter the rest of their info and click pay...  Is there a better way to do this?

i start off blank:

Tiger1_0-1660159552193.png

Then - after the user chooses which bill/invoice they want to pay, I have the detail view populate to show the user:

Tiger1_1-1660159601117.png

Then the user enters this info to send to our table to process:

Tiger1_2-1660159632753.png

How does the app decide what row to display in the detail view?

The data I am trying to add to another table goes to this table:

Tiger1_0-1660161767817.png

I show the detail view of that table.  I ONLY show the data that has "No" value for the [data Sent] column.  Which is sent using that action button:

Tiger1_1-1660161866350.png

Are you using a slice? If so, please post a screenshot of the entire row filter expression.

Yes:

Tiger1_0-1660228754902.png

Is there some process that removes the [Data Sent] = "No" rows?

Yes:

If they click "Pay now" - it changes to "send".  If they click "Cancel" - it deletes the entire row:

Tiger1_0-1660230884598.png

i figured out why it does it wrong.  If I "group by" - it won't take the row I select and place it in that detail view.  If I do NOT group by - works great.

I spoke too soon.  It now randomly picks a row?

I'm at a loss. I think someone will have to take a look at your app configuration in the app editor, which is not something I'm available to do. You might try engaging Support.

I finally figured this out.  I had the "key" set to Customer Number.  When I changed this to "document number" - the field I needed to be able to move each row - it worked!  Thanks Steve

I suggest you to come up with another idea. Maybe using interactive mode inside your Dashboard. I don't think it would be hard to do using grouped actions on row select.

The new desktop design just supports the display of a record inside Detail View if the dataset has exactly 1 row, which is not your case.

It's not a bad idea, just may not be the best one

Thanks for you rsuggestion.

Top Labels in this Space