Moving App to another Appsheet account..

Hello All..

I have an App that, for security reasons, I want to move (or copy) to another (completely separate) Appsheet account.  I need to cut any lingering ties with the old account, so "sharing" with the new account is not really an option.  In the worst case I will just try to recreate on the new account as best as possible.

Any thoughts on whether this is possible?

Thanks,

RoryF

Solved Solved
0 2 126
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

The function you want is Transfer Ownership.  There has been some work in this area by AppSheet recently.  

You can find this in the app you want to transfer by going to Manage->Author->Transfer.  See image below.

Currently, the way this works is that you would need to add the new account as a co-author,  then from that new account request transfer of the app.  In the original account, transfer is approved.  This should remove the app from the original account and ownership will then belong to your new account.

Screen Shot 2022-02-08 at 8.48.37 AM.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

The function you want is Transfer Ownership.  There has been some work in this area by AppSheet recently.  

You can find this in the app you want to transfer by going to Manage->Author->Transfer.  See image below.

Currently, the way this works is that you would need to add the new account as a co-author,  then from that new account request transfer of the app.  In the original account, transfer is approved.  This should remove the app from the original account and ownership will then belong to your new account.

Screen Shot 2022-02-08 at 8.48.37 AM.png

Thanks for the reply.  I actually decided to just recreate it on the new account as it was a small enough App and I need the practice. However this look exactly like what I was looking for so will mark as the solution.

Regards,

RoryF

Top Labels in this Space