Moving Nested Data Between Apps

Hello! I feel stuck... I am trying to build a platform that materials can be processed through.

I have built a few smaller apps for workflow/production, and I have a big app that is acting as my inventory center. I have found a way to move data from app to app by referencing, adding lines and new data sources, however I cannot seem to understand how to move my batched data lines.

What I am considering a batched line is- one production department makes a batch of lots, digitally a form is started with a nested form inside of it filling a different table. 

Example:
App XYZ- Batch 150 is created and has 6 lots- A for 10, B for 10, C for 10, D for 10, E for 10, F for 7 to total 57 units.
Batch 150 and info is the main form and line that houses all the lots, then the lots are entered in a nested form along with other ancillary info for each through "Related Lots".

I would like to be able to send that data (the main batch info AND the associated nested lots) to a view called "Ready for Warehouse", and then have a view in my Inventory app for "Incoming" that pulls in all of that info. Secondly, I'd like a button on the "Incoming" lot lines to "Accept" that lot into my Inventory table (which is the main view of my Inventory app).

Is it possible to move the data through if it has nested values associated with it? If not, a suggestion for batching and movement between apps??

Skill level: NOT A DEVELOPER... but I have been going places with AppSheet. Happy to explain as much as I can!

Thank you Community!!

0 2 94
2 REPLIES 2

@Gingaberry wrote:

I have found a way to move data from app to app by referencing, adding lines and new data sources, however I cannot seem to understand how to move my batched data lines.

I hope this doesn't mean you are copying the data into new tables and then referencing those in the other apps?!?

You can connect several apps to the same datasource to share the data between apps - no copying or moving data between apps is needed.

The way you're using AppSheet sounds similar to my use case, I have a central "Harvests" database that each individual app adds values to. A "[HarvestStatus]" column dictates if the row is visible in different apps as it moves along the cultivation process.

I would set a view in the Inventory app to filter based on 'Batch Status' or something similar.

Top Labels in this Space