Moving on (up) from Appsheet

I love Appsheet, and developing with it has been genuinely revelatory. But, I would like to explore options outside of the platform that would potentially help what is now a family of apps grow. I know python and SQL quite well, is Django the way to go? I appreciate any advice.

1 2 180
2 REPLIES 2

First, I'm curious what issues you are trying to resolve?   Maybe there are simple solutions that you are not yet aware of.

Nobody can really answer this question for you.  It all depends on the nature of your app, data, user preferences and most importantly -- budget.  And it goes much deeper than just a blanket overview of these things.

I build custom apps for each business in AppSheet.  Personally, I found that I can do everything I need to with some help form Google App Scripts on occasion.  There are, of course, compromises based on what AppSheet provides.

If I were to move "up" from here, I would go into iOS, Android and Desktop specific apps.  Mainly to gain more control over the UI and interaction with each of those devices. There are IDE's that can help produce each of these from a single source code.  However, I presently do not see a need to go that route yet.  The effort to "tweak" each code base for deployment into the stores, or installation, far outweighs the benefit.

I hope this helps!

Thank you very much for your thoughtful reply. I share your enthusiasm for Appsheet it's capabilities. I also agree that it something I have to deal with and walk the talk in terms of moving an app to another framework/DB and working things through. It will be painful but worthwhile I hope. Thanks again.

Top Labels in this Space