Multi-Part Lookup by Ref

Ryan_S

Is there any way, short of adding another field to the base form to use a multi-part lookup by reference?

Scenario
-> Appliance’s have defaults based on Model Number
-> Along with the defaults, the Appliance Manufacturer (by ref) is stored in one table
-> When creating a “new” appliance, I’d like to be able to select the manufacturer first, or create a new one if does not exist; Then get a list of all models for that specific manufacturer, and select/create…

Currently i’ve got the manufacturer in the Appliance table just for filtering purposes, but i’d like to remove this as it’s duplicated data from the ApplianceDefaults table.

I guess what i’m asking is; is it possible to have an input view/form rather than just the reference list that pops up by default?

0 3 205
3 REPLIES 3

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

If the manufacturer column is a Ref, and the referenced table allows adds, the dropdown menu for the column will include an option to add a new row to the referenced table. Is that not what you want?

Ryan_S

There will be 1000s of models to scroll through, it’d be nice to limit the list by manufacturer and only present a subset of appliances, but all in the same ‘view’ that opens when the user selects/creates the model number

A Valid If expression for the model column can be used to limit the models presented to only those associated with the chosen manufacturer.

Top Labels in this Space