Multi-row related forms

I have a table of invoices with columns like filename, created_date, total amount e.t.c. I want to create a form that allows users to review each field and verify whether or not the value is correct i.e. the invoices table indicates that invoice 1 was for $100, is this correct? 

Typically you'd create a responses table with columns for each unique question, field, value, and response like so:

Related Record 1, Question 1, Show 1, Response 1, Question 2, Show 2, Response 2...

However, is there a way to create a form that enters a new row for each response like so?:

Related Record 1, Question 1, Show 1, Response 1

Related Record 1, Question 2, Show 2, Response 2

0 2 69
2 REPLIES 2

If you had two tables: invoices, invoice_verifications, the verifications table could include fields for all the values you want verified plus values for indicating Yes/No (or whatever) for each value.  Then, from a view that lists invoices, you could use a "Go to another view in this app" action.  For the target of the action, you'd use a LINKTOFORM function which could pass all the invoice values as parameters into the new invoice_verify record and leaving the Yes/No or other confirmation fields for the user to fill.  The fields representing invoice values could be read only.  

Another approach might be to use a series of calculations for the invoice value fields on the invoice_verify table.  A user could create a new invoice_verify record, select an invoice (enum field with ref base) and then the other invoice value fields would populate.  If your data is stored in an AppSheet database, I think you could use their lookup field type to do the lookups for you rather than having to put the calculations into the field formula in AppSheet (I think that's how that works.). If you want to ensure that the user never creates two invoice_verification records for the same invoice, you could make the suggested values list for the enum field that lists invoices (let's call it [invoice_id]) based on  list(invoices[Row ID]) - list(invoice_verification[invoice_id] which would leave you with the subset of invoices that do not have corresponding invoice_verifications.  

Hope this helps.  Cheers!

Thanks for the response.  The first part of your response is what I'm getting at.  Instead of having a separate column in the verifications table for each field I need verified, I'd prefer to have one column "field" and one column "value" so each row is a verification for one field in one invoice.  It just seems really redundant to have a new set of columns for each field instead of a new row.   Additionally, if I want to add a new field in the future I have to add new columns whereas with the rows option I don't.  Does that make sense?

Top Labels in this Space