Multi-select records and insert multiple records on same or different table

Hi, how can I multi-select records from one table and with one action insert multiple records to the same or different table?

Example 1 (same table): view students who paid in the previous 2 months, mutli-select some students and insert an identical payment (for each student) for the next month. (=multiple insert in payments table)

Example 2 (different table): view students who paid in the last 2 months, mutli-select some students and insert a presence (for each student) for a specific date (class) of the course. (=multiple insert in presences table)

Thanks!

0 5 657
5 REPLIES 5

At this moment you are able to do that with the Webhook and Appsheet API. Check this articleโ€ฆ

Hi @Aleksi, thanks for your reply.
Researched this and I understand through JSON I should be able to add multiple records.

However, can I choose multiple rows of a table/deck with which to create a multiple insertion?
How?

Example: While viewing a list of student payments of a course, select a number of students and, for these students, add an identical payment (say for the following month).

Example variation (may help better): While viewing a list of student payments of a course, select a number of students and, for these students, view an add payment form (inserting value and respective month), and then this form will add a payment for each of these students.

The problem is the first step: how to select multiple users and go to the next stepโ€ฆ

Thanks

There is a functionality to select multiple lines/rows in table which appers ONLY when the DELETES are enabled.
Currently this multiple selection functionality allows only to delete the selected records.
Can it be used/manipulated somehow to trigger another event/API/LinktoForm/etcโ€ฆ?

One wayโ€ฆ create this functionality with scheduled report where you choose the option AllRowsInTable with your students table. When you trigger the report, the condition rule can check if you need to create a new record or not.

Hi @Aleksi, thanks for your reply.
And how can I get the user to select which students he wants to insert the multiple payment for?

My difficulty here is the functionality that allows the user to select some (mutliple) records in a way that I can subsequently conntect it to the report emission and its logic selecting which records to create and howโ€ฆ

Top Labels in this Space