Multiple Errors using Bots to automate a daily email

I am fairly new to using the automation section in Appsheet, and I have implemented a Bot to automate a daily "Carry-Over Summary" email. I have it set as a "scheduled event" to send the email every evening at 8:00 PM. The body of the email consists of a Google doc template I have created that is supposed to list any orders on my [Orders] table that has a [Status] = "carryover". A preview of the template is screenshot below.

Greg_Stevenson_0-1649095297985.png

ERROR #1 - The first error I am encountering is the number of emails that is being sent. I need for there to be only one email sent when the "scheduled event" takes place at 8:00 PM. Currently, whatever the number of orders on my [Orders] table that have a [Status] = "carryover" is the number of emails being sent. So for example, if 4 orders have a [Status] = "carryover", the app is sending 4 emails.

ERROR #2 - The second error that's occurring is that my template is not producing the data for the list that it is supposed to. Below is a screenshot of the email I am getting, there should be 3 orders listed that match the filter in place, instead it is blank.

Greg_Stevenson_1-1649095899723.png

Any recommendations or insight into what I may be doing wrong would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much

0 5 177
5 REPLIES 5

For error #1, turn off the ForEveryRow option in the Event.

For error #2, there must be something wrong with your START expression. Copy the entier ORDERBY(FILTER expression that you're using into a new temp VC in the app to test it's output.

Thanks Marc, I will take a look

For error #1 - this solution worked

For error #2 - I checked the formula in a new temp VC to test it's output, and it seems to work properly as far as I can tell. So I am still not sure why I am not getting any data listed

Are you using any security filters?

Another part to look for is your AND() part in the ORDERBY() expression.

I think that AND() part could possibly be 

AND([Status]="CARRYOVER", OR([Pickup]=TODAY(), [Pickup]=TODAY()+1)) instead of 

AND([Status]="CARRYOVER", [Pickup]=TODAY(), [Pickup]=TODAY()+1)

If there can be only one date for [Pickup] for any record , then ANDING two different pickup dates for the same record in filter could be failing.

Top Labels in this Space