Multiple Photos

I need to be able to take multiple photos on one form. Repair photos must be taken of all damage and often more than one photo needs to be taken to cover all of the damage. Is this possible?

Solved Solved
0 6 934
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Judi_Phelps Yes, itโ€™s possible, but youโ€™ll need multiple columns in your data table available (each column will collect one photo).

Hereโ€™s an example: https://www.appsheet.com/samples/Autocreated-from-Google-Sheets?appGuidString=2aa0bb90-9f24-4962-9ea...

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

@Judi_Phelps Yes, itโ€™s possible, but youโ€™ll need multiple columns in your data table available (each column will collect one photo).

Hereโ€™s an example: https://www.appsheet.com/samples/Autocreated-from-Google-Sheets?appGuidString=2aa0bb90-9f24-4962-9ea...

If you have lot of photos, one workaround is a related table structure where your photos would be child records. Then there is no โ€œlimitโ€ how many photos you can take. The Damage itself would the parent record.

I have created a table called images and it is now a related images field on my table called โ€œformโ€. how do I get the related images field to display on my form?

go into the UX menu, VIEWS

Scroll down to REF VIEWS.

Several views there are created automatically. Search for the table IMAGES

IMAGES table will probably have a ref view that is a form type (where you take the photo itself). And another view, probably a table view. Make the column of that table, where the photo was stored, as the FIRST column. You can also change from TABLE to DECK, GALLERY, DETAIL. It will change the size of the thumbnails that appear on your main form.

I strongly suggest doing it another way, as you do NOT know how many photos will be needed.

Create a child table โ€œPhotosโ€. Create a column to be the key (uniqueid()), another for the photo itself, another you can call FK (Foreign Key)

If you want, you can have other columnsโ€ฆ letโ€™s say you want to add the possibility of a small commentary for each photo.

Now, make the FK column as a REF type, and go into itโ€™s options and make it BELONG TOโ€ฆ and select the main form table.

Now, letโ€™s say you start a new form. It gets an uniqueID letโ€™s say abcdefgh.

You can add photos to it clicking on NEW PHOTO. Each photo you take inside this form will have itโ€™s own ID, but itโ€™s FK column will have ABCDEFGH, and AppSheet will know that photo belongs to THAT form.

Thanks. I completely forgot about โ€œpartofโ€

Top Labels in this Space