Multiple Row Updates with Just One Workflow Execution

Hello AppSheet Gurus,

I have a workflow setup to post a webhook when either of the columns [Fry (x24)] or [Fry (x1)] are UPDATED. This is my condition:

OR([_THISROW_BEFORE].[Fry (x24)] <> [_THISROW_AFTER].[Fry (x24)],[_THISROW_BEFORE].[Fry (x1)] <> [_THISROW_AFTER].[Fry (x1)])

I’m using Quick Edit on the table of these columns. The user will edit between 1 and 7 rows. When the user saves the data, it runs the workflow between 1 and 7 times, depending on how many rows they updated. I would like this workflow to run just a single time, AFTER all of the row data is saved. Suggestions for how to accomplish this? Thank you!

0 3 168
3 REPLIES 3

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

How do you define “save”? When using Quick Edit, each column value update causes the row to be written to your spreadsheet. You’d need to give the user some way to explicitly indicate they’re done making changes.

Hi Steve,

See the attached screen shot,

As you can see, the user updates any number of the 7 (or more) rows and then selects “Save” from the bottom. Is this what you mean? After this point, the workflow runs on each row, but I’d like one workflow to run after all of the rows are saved.

Thanks!

I’m afraid I’m not aware of a way to do what you want.

Top Labels in this Space