Multiple Values in a Contains Expression

I have tried this Contains command so many times but it just doesn't want to work for me. The Exercises column drops down to reveal a list of exercises that it gets by referencing my data set but I want only certain columns to appear (Like reps) when there are certain values present and I can't get it to recognize multiple values like "shoulder press" OR CONTAINS("Seated Bench"). What will happen is it will only show do it for the first value but for no values after that. So my query is how to get it to recognize multiple values from the exercise list. Any help is appreciated!Workout Log - AppSheet - Google Chrome 2_17_2022 8_53_36 PM (2).png

0 5 843
5 REPLIES 5

IN( [Exercise], LIST(
  โ€œExercise 1โ€,
  โ€œExercise 2โ€,
  โ€ฆ,
  โ€œExercise nโ€
))

I am still running into the same problem as you can see I have the code in the right area but it still will not show. In this case, this shows the set 3 reps when those three items are there but then when I choose one of those three items in the exercise box set 3 reps does not show upNew Tab - Google Chrome 2_20_2022 10_07_00 PM (2).png

for dropdown lists you should set your expression in either valid-if or suggested values - not show-if, which controls the appearance of the field/column itself.

TeeSee1_0-1645413579115.png

The only drop down list I have is exercises which I am not trying to hide. I am trying show certain columns such as reps and weights on certain exercises and those columns are presented as number sliders.

Still a problem?

Top Labels in this Space