Multiple selection filter

Mauri

Hello everybody, I have a question. I am new to this, hard as I tried I cannot figure out the solution to a problem that seems so simple.

I would like to get a sliced view of a table based on a filter with multiple selection.
This should give an idea of what Iโ€™m trying to do:

โ€“DOCUMENT NAME----> Products
โ€“1ST SHEET NAME----> Cars
โ€“HEADERS----> Car,Red,Blue,White,Grey

โ€“ROWS----> Punto,No,No,Yes,No
GT40,No,No,No,Yes
EN-V,Yes,No,No,No
Reliant Robin,Yes,No,No,No

โ€“2ND SHEET NAME----> Filter
โ€“Filter columns----> Red,Blue,White,Grey,Filter Data (Yes/No Type)

For example, if the user doesnโ€™t like Red and White cars, by clicking on Red and White in the Filter view the outcome will be the content of โ€œCarsโ€ minus the rows where Redโ€™s and Whiteโ€™s value is โ€œYesโ€. Expected result: GT40

The last failure was this formula, set in the โ€œFORMULAโ€ field of the Filter Data column:

SELECT(Products[Cars],[Red]<>[_THIS].[Red])+SELECT(Products[Cars],[Blue]<>[_THIS].[Blue])+SELECT(Products[Cars],[White]<>[_THIS].[White])+SELECT(Products[Cars],[Grey]<>[_THIS].[Grey])

I thought using an enumlist would be the perfect choice, couldnโ€™t make it work (โ€œCannot compare Text with Listโ€). Slices and column formulas, only one setting works.
I cannot use USER_SETTINGS because the complete table has more than 10 parameters, and the Syncing process slows things down.

Could someone please tell me how to proceed?

0 4 476
4 REPLIES 4

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

If a column will only have one value per row, as appears to be your case, use Enum rather than EnumList.

Thank you Steve, now that you put it like that I see your point. I feel even dumber now, yet I have learned something.

Something inside a sample app I made years ago might help
https://www.appsheet.com/samples/Empty-App?appGuidString=ed9cedb4-8c3f-4ef2-8915-c07e1ad3fdf2

This sample app shows how to create a โ€œLive chartโ€ where you can add/remove team members from a chart and table view (which are based on a slice).

Thereโ€™s probly something in there that would point you in the right direction maybe.

Thank you so much! I had a look at the app in the link and that setup is precisely what I am looking for. I will do my best and give it a try!

Top Labels in this Space