Multiple selection filter

Mauri

Hello everybody, I have a question. I am new to this, hard as I tried I cannot figure out the solution to a problem that seems so simple.

I would like to get a sliced view of a table based on a filter with multiple selection.
This should give an idea of what I’m trying to do:

–DOCUMENT NAME----> Products
–1ST SHEET NAME----> Cars
–HEADERS----> Car,Red,Blue,White,Grey

–ROWS----> Punto,No,No,Yes,No
GT40,No,No,No,Yes
EN-V,Yes,No,No,No
Reliant Robin,Yes,No,No,No

–2ND SHEET NAME----> Filter
–Filter columns----> Red,Blue,White,Grey,Filter Data (Yes/No Type)

For example, if the user doesn’t like Red and White cars, by clicking on Red and White in the Filter view the outcome will be the content of “Cars” minus the rows where Red’s and White’s value is “Yes”. Expected result: GT40

The last failure was this formula, set in the “FORMULA” field of the Filter Data column:

SELECT(Products[Cars],[Red]<>[_THIS].[Red])+SELECT(Products[Cars],[Blue]<>[_THIS].[Blue])+SELECT(Products[Cars],[White]<>[_THIS].[White])+SELECT(Products[Cars],[Grey]<>[_THIS].[Grey])

I thought using an enumlist would be the perfect choice, couldn’t make it work (“Cannot compare Text with List”). Slices and column formulas, only one setting works.
I cannot use USER_SETTINGS because the complete table has more than 10 parameters, and the Syncing process slows things down.

Could someone please tell me how to proceed?

0 4 475
4 REPLIES 4

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

If a column will only have one value per row, as appears to be your case, use Enum rather than EnumList.

Thank you Steve, now that you put it like that I see your point. I feel even dumber now, yet I have learned something.

Something inside a sample app I made years ago might help
https://www.appsheet.com/samples/Empty-App?appGuidString=ed9cedb4-8c3f-4ef2-8915-c07e1ad3fdf2

This sample app shows how to create a “Live chart” where you can add/remove team members from a chart and table view (which are based on a slice).

There’s probly something in there that would point you in the right direction maybe.

Thank you so much! I had a look at the app in the link and that setup is precisely what I am looking for. I will do my best and give it a try!

Top Labels in this Space