My Related Column - from a reference table - does not appear in my from/view

My Related Column - from a reference table - does not appear in my from/view.

I have a table B i referenced to Table A - so that i could have in the form/view a way to add items into that Table, multiple times. I wanted the user to be able to click โ€œNewโ€ and add items.

My Problem - I do not see the related table in my forms/views. I must have a setting wrong somewhere - but i am not sure where?

0 8 480
8 REPLIES 8

Hi, open the Ref columnโ€™s definition and set the option โ€œIs a part of?โ€ as ON.

Thanks Aleksi. Another question - how many of these can i have on a form? I need to have two.

Unfortunately you can only have one.

ok . Thanks. At least i know!

Just to clarify. I have two separate tables i wanted to have Related. I should be able to do that, correct? I have seen this - i believe on another app.

Also - i want to add. I took away one of the related tables (the one i wanted the least). I still cannot see the one i wanted in my form.

Aleksi,
I had this working. Then - without me changing anything the โ€œNewโ€ button disappeared?

This image shows you that it was working. As you can see it shows that table has data. So iwas able to add โ€œNewโ€ before:

Update:

I copied the app - and restored that app back many versions. I found a good one. So i used it (copy) to rebuild on. AGAIN - it was working then - BAM wasnโ€™t! So i stepped back a couple of versions - works again. So i am currently using both apps to test. I have to check this feature EVERYTIME i make a new change.

Any thoughts?

Hi @Tiger1 I am currently experience this as well. Do you know what's causing this ?

sorry, no I never did.

Top Labels in this Space