My mind got stuck, how to make this recurring work?

So, my mind's stuck, I've followed Steve's tutorial to create a recurring event based on fixed intervals.

But, now, I'm trying to do the following, a recurring event based on the day of the month that user picks, my Googlesheet setup as shown below:

Date0.pngColumn B:
Transaction Date, 15-Jan-23

Column L:
Recur on day of month, 31 (selection of 1, 2, 3......31)

Column M, this is auto calculated on Googlesheet: 
Next Payment Date: 28-Feb-23, then 31-Mar, 30-Apr, so on...
(because there's no 31-Feb, so automatically becomes End of the month)

What I need to do is, to create an action that automatically generates the next event based on the Next Payment Date (Column M) from the previous row.

I've tried to create 4 actions.

1. Add the recurring event in a new row, Date = Next Payment Date (Column M)
2. Update the row (decrease Count -1) 
3. Add more rows, Repeat step 1 with LIST([_THISROW]), Count > 0
4. An action button does the step 1, 2 & 3, repeat until Count value = 0

Now, my issue is, the action works fine, but just once, once only.

It produced the next row correctly with the correct Next Payment Date, but not for any following rows.

In the 2nd, 3rd, 4th.... rows, the Transaction Dates in column B just became blank?

I think im missing a step, how to copy the Next Payment Date in Column M from current row to the next row when it's generated by Action?

Date.png

Thank you for anyone who can point me into the right direction

0 1 407
1 REPLY 1

I wouldn't use any formula in Google Sheet and rather use AppSheet expressions for everything.

[Monthly Recurring Date] basically is the day of the month you want the next row to be. [Recurring Date] can be calculated with EOMONTH() and some smart IFS() or SWITCH() or similar.

When you should fire the action? After row save or an edit? Is it attached to a bot? You may be trying to execute an action before the [Recurring Date] is calculated because you are relying on a Google Sheet formula.

EOMONTH() - AppSheet Help
Top Labels in this Space