NOT() with multiple criteria?

Iโ€™m trying to make an action button not appear under two conditions. I can do this for one condition, but canโ€™t figure out the syntax for two conditions. It seems like it should be straightforward, but after spending a bunch of time trolling the boards and reading up on NOT(), OR(), AND(), SELECT(), etc, I just canโ€™t make it work. This expression does what I want for one condition:

I basically want to add another item to that list called โ€œPNPโ€, so the action button wouldnโ€™t appear for PSA or PNP. Both are in SHORT NAME.

Thanks for any assistance for this newbie.

Solved Solved
0 3 286
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thank you, @Suvrutt_Gurjar ! I added NOT in front of the expression and it worked perfectly (see below). I really appreciate your help. I learned several new things from examining your expression.

NOT(OR([SHORT NAME]<>โ€œPSAโ€,[SHORT NAME]<>โ€œPNPโ€))

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

I may have misunderstood your requirement. I that case please give more details.

Based on current understanding, does following help?

OR([SHORT NAME] <> โ€œPSAโ€ , [SHORT NAME] <> โ€œPNPโ€)

Assumes [SHORT NAME] is a text type column.

Thank you, @Suvrutt_Gurjar ! I added NOT in front of the expression and it worked perfectly (see below). I really appreciate your help. I learned several new things from examining your expression.

NOT(OR([SHORT NAME]<>โ€œPSAโ€,[SHORT NAME]<>โ€œPNPโ€))

Hi @David_Hundt,

Nice to know you figured it out. All the best with your app building.

Top Labels in this Space