NOW() + "000:05:00" not working???

Just like the title says... try that in an expression assistant and test it - it doesn't work

6293b8e1-5e40-4000-8250-772a085ffdf3

MultiTech_2-1661611830679.png

You can see in the test - it's not even trying to do anything with the 5 minutes
   - I also tried this with "002:00:00" (the exact duration string used in the example) and that wasn't working either.

Solved Solved
0 8 148
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

It's working now... I guess it just didn't want to work for a few minutes is all.

• Kinda freaky that the expression just suddenly stop working like that
  • With no errors thrown
  • No warning of something is amiss
  • All green across the board
    • Yet clearly something is off

Small crazy green guy.gif

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

It's working now... I guess it just didn't want to work for a few minutes is all.

• Kinda freaky that the expression just suddenly stop working like that
  • With no errors thrown
  • No warning of something is amiss
  • All green across the board
    • Yet clearly something is off

Small crazy green guy.gif

Is it only in the Tester that you see it not working.  I rarely rely on it as I have seen a few inconsistencies.

If I create a Form to test this out, it does seem to work as expected

Screen Shot 2022-08-27 at 11.07.15 AM.png

It's working now... but it wasn't before.

• I'm not one to jump to conclusions; I test and test, and try again... and refresh, and clear cache... and try another way, then on another app.... then again and again....
  • It's only until I've tried everything, and it's just... NOT doing what it's supposed to - that's when I reach out and see if others are having the same issue

And at the time of the post... it wasn't working. 

But it is now!!!!

That's all that matters I guess.  I've seen this before, transient issues where formulas simply fail - like the formula engine just said "NOPE!" and moved on. 

• It's rare, but it happens every now and then

You could probly search the community and find the posts for each time this has happened to me. (^_^)

@WillowMobileSys wrote:

I rarely rely on it as I have seen a few inconsistencies

It's been letting SOOOO much slop through lately.

Thanks for checking!  (^_^)

@Arthur_Rallu 

This morning, not only did I have the problem mentioned in this tread, but I've also had several of my apps take quite some time to load in the editor (well over 60 seconds, which should normally take less than 10).  Some I've had to cancel the initial load and refresh the page; after which the apps have loaded, but still slower than before yesterday's issue.

Opening external data sources has had loading delays as well

MultiTech_0-1661614514535.gif

As I edit an app today, I'm also observing things that I think should work but don't and long, stuck app syncs. As usual, trying to figure out whether the problem is something I introduced or something going on at AppSheet.

For what it's worth, I was working on an app into the evening last night until the servers were unavailable at around 8pm EDT, I would guess (i know it was after 7pm).  I am thinking there was an install last night?  Maybe that has contributed to some of the issues seen and experienced today?

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

@WillowMobileSys wrote:

I am thinking there was an install last night?  Maybe that has contributed to some of the issues seen and experienced today?

Yep.

Top Labels in this Space