Naming a Bot (or other elements) in New "Improved" Editor

I was struggling recently to name a bot I created in the "improved" editor. It defaulted to "New Bot" as usual but when I selected it there was no apparent field for bot name as there is with, for instance, actions or slices. Eventually I realized that if you double-click (or equivalent) on the bot name in the secondary navigation panel it enters an edit mode. This functionality is also available for views, slices, actions, and maybe more.

20221213_AppSheet_01.png

20221213_AppSheet_02.png

I came here initially to ask the question before discovering the solution myself. Hopefully this will help others looking for this topic as I couldn't find much about it in the documentation or from my searches.

3 4 115
4 REPLIES 4

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Attn @lizlynch 

Hi @James_Burns ,

Thank you for sharing this solution! There is a section in the documentation that describes how to rename a bot. But the solution you describe is another great alternative, which I will make sure I include in the documentation. 

Thank you!
Liz

Thank you @lizlynch for pointing me in the right direction. I was searching the documentation for the new editor, not the bot documentation as I should have been.

Having said that, I can't rename the bot as described in the documentation, clicking the name field in the bot header does elicits no response (except selecting the text if I double-click). Am I doing it wrong?

What I experienceWhat I experienceFrom the documentationFrom the documentation

@James_Burns - Thank you for raising this. I will convey this to the team. I believe this is bug. If not, I will adjust the documentation. Thank you, James!
Liz

Top Labels in this Space