Navigate to user's last action

Wondering what the best expression for this scenario would be. I am sure it is not too complicated, but I have fussed with it for a while and can't figure it out.

I'm trying to create an action for navigating to the last change a user made.  I'm hoping that users can pick up where they left off on a map view from the day before. 

I tried working with a combination of LINKTOROW, MAXROW, and _THISUSER; but I haven't had any luck thus far...

Solved Solved
0 7 222
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I think linktofilteredview() might work here:

appsheet_rebrand_logo.pngLINKTOFILTEREDVIEW()
 Constructed deep link to filtered view

For example, I haven't tested this code but it might work:

LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW(
  "Action History", 
  ([Unique Id] = 
    maxrow(
      "Action History",
      "Last Action",
      ([Technician] = USEREMAIL())
    )
  )
)

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

There are several ideas, but it is really hard to imagine all the scenarios that might apply to your case and list proposed solutions for each of them ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Please post screenshots of your tables and be more specific about what you are trying to achieve. Thanks. 

As @Joseph_Seddik mentioned, unless more details are known, it may be difficult to suggest.

However in certain similar but simple scenarios, the LINKTOPARENTVIEW() action could find use.

https://help.appsheet.com/en/articles/5429719-linktoparentview

Thanks for the responses, guys. Here's a screenshot of my column structure. It is an "action history" table. My hope was that I could make an action in in the app that would direct the user back to their own "last action."

Let me know if I can explain that better, as is usually the case...

Ryan_Wagner_0-1647970479356.png

I think linktofilteredview() might work here:

appsheet_rebrand_logo.pngLINKTOFILTEREDVIEW()
 Constructed deep link to filtered view

For example, I haven't tested this code but it might work:

LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW(
  "Action History", 
  ([Unique Id] = 
    maxrow(
      "Action History",
      "Last Action",
      ([Technician] = USEREMAIL())
    )
  )
)

That worked perfectly. Thank you!

@graham_howe I hate to bring this thread back to life, but I did have one follow-up question. This expression works perfectly to show me one pin on the map (the last one a user updated), but if I wanted to see that pin in the context of all the other pins, do you know how I could achieve that? 

I want users to be able to jump to where they last worked and not see only the one pin on the map view, if that makes sense.

I'm not so expert with Map views, but that is more challenging. As the name suggests, linktofilteredview() is applying a filter to the view. If you want to highlight a single record then that record would be the one filtered. However if you want to return all records but highlight one, then I think you need to create a format rule. These can be used with maps as discussed at Working with Maps | AppSheet Help Center I would imagine that in the if this condition is true field you would enter and expression that included the ID = maxrow(...) expression.

Top Labels in this Space