Navigating in a new user from email invitation

Just written this experience and it's so touchy all disappeared under my fingertips.

What is a "label" in this context? why not put a quick tip to guide users?

I have just spent a half hour battling with appsheet to help a user access my app.

It would be good to signpost people in. I have process as 1. Use default browser 2. Install appsheet 3. sign in using same email as invitation.

First we try work email. They get to stage 3 and it's incorrect. Error. Denied. They input correct address and password thouugh correct platform 3 times. barrier.

Then we try Apple. Start again. Get to appsheet and have to log out and it says need to login via gmail. Barrier.

So I share with their gmail address.

It needs user centred design. It is currently strangulation. if asking for feedback about sharing the app and recommending Appsheet, not from this process. it is strangling my app testing. No one is getting to test it, although I can only share with 10 read only users. 

User interface needs serious work. get testers from outside to provide specific UX feedback. 

This label thing is driving me mad. GIVE A LIST of correct labels for heaven sakes!! No one will recommend or buy with this UX. 

0 3 136
3 REPLIES 3

I think you haven't had any responses to this because it is not clear at all what you are referring to.  I have no idea what "label" you mean.  Maybe you are referring to "white-labeling"??

I understand that you have had some issues getting users to be able use your app.  How a user needs to login/access the app is controlled by you as the App Creator within the Security settings.  You need to understand HOW your users will be accessing your app to know how to set these properties so that it is simple for the users.  For example, if you have some users who will be using Apple accounts while others are using Google accounts, then you need to set your app for "Any Provider".  

I strongly suggest that you become familiar with each of the Security settings before giving the app to users.  Since this post was from several weeks ago, it may be too late in your case but maybe others reading this can benefit from the advice.

As for "white-labeling", if that was what you were referring to, I would suggest, at least for a first app, not to worry about the "white-labeling" portion until you are ready to deploy a well-tested app.  Be aware that there are 2 forms of white-labeling - creating a standalone app download for one of the stores or simply removing much of the AppSheet branding.  It might be helpful to read the AppSheet articles on "white-labeling" to understand the options there.

Thank you for your reply. I don't think you've have understood what I asked.

I mean "label" not "whitelabel". To signpost you to what I mean, when you ask a question, you are invited to add "labels" from a small list. In Wordpress these are called "tags".

I have been using Appsheet for 2 years and made 5 or 6 versions to test. I had an email from the CEO of Appsheet in 2020 from before Google bought it and the university funded launch for people in a Long Covid group was sabotaged by Appsheet's lack of user-friendly navigation. I had to help them in person to access my app. Therefore I made some suggestions, which I worked hard to make as clear as possible as I get paid to do UX consultancy.

So, over 5 apps, one deployed for 6 months to 100-200 daily users and now 10 people on each one, my feedback is that the email invite from appsheet could have a step-by-step set of instructions for installing Appsheet apps. I suggest 1. Select Default Browser 2. Install Appsheet for free 3. Use your email provider to login to Appsheet, ie for Yahoo email select Yahoo and sign into your yahoo email 4. You can now view the app and download it onto your desktop.

I hope this is clearer for you this time. I tried my best.

You said "what's a 'label' in this context?", are you talking about the community? Leave that out of your post or separated since it makes your post difficult to understand.

I'm sure @pravse took feedback seriously back then, now I don't know how easy it is to implement things on AppSheet considering Google's burocratics.

The log in process may be difficult for some but it's not the end of the world neither.

If we are talking about feedback, I think that the "enter your email and get a code" kind of log in is one of the best, and some competitors are using it.

Also, I haven't messed with it but I think that you can configure your own log in process, but for Enterprise

User Access Control via AWS Cognito | AppSheet Help Center

Top Labels in this Space