Need Direction: Releasing Upgrade / New Version

Hello all, dropping this here because so many are willing to share quick advice. Always appreciated!

I have been developing an app for several months, using about 50 “beta testers”. They have been using the app through MANY updates, changes, database restructures, etc. They are all “real” clients so along the way, these disruptions have still been rather stressful to my team despite the understanding of growing pains

Over the last few weeks, there is a noticeable trend where several of these beta testers seem to be struggling with getting the most updated version on their devices. For example, I change the subject line in the email automation, and see about 10% of these beta users submitting forms that generate the email with the previous versions’ subject line. Among other relatively minor issues they have reported, they are always resolved by uninstalling/reinstalling.

Now we feel prepared to launch to over 1000 users. While brand new users will likely not have those issues, I want to take all precautions necessary, and more importantly, prepare for future updates to this larger audience

I am curious about releasing a completely fresh, brand new “version”. I suspect this would force all of the legacy/beta users to capture the latest version on their devices. Seems like this would be the best or “safest” route all future changes as well

Could someone share step-by-step on how to do this? Or point me to such a resource? Any and all advice is appreciated, including best practices, tips, etc.

0 0 128
0 REPLIES 0
Top Labels in this Space