Need Help with an If Expression

Hey there! I'm trying to use this expression with an action to clear the date column if any of the following columns have the word "group" or "single", otherwise just leave the date as is. The "leave date as is part" is working fine. However, I cannot get the first part of the IF expression to trigger. For example, I have the word "group" in Results 1 but the date is not clearing. I tried and rechecked it over and over. Is there something wrong with my expression? Truly appreciate any help.

IF(IN(
LIST(
[RESULTS 1],[RESULTS 2],[RESULTS 3]
),

LIST('group', 'single')),

"", [DATE])

Solved Solved
0 4 95
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Please try 

IF(

ISNOTBLANK(

INTERSECT(

LIST( [RESULTS 1],[RESULTS 2],[RESULTS 3]), 

LIST("group", "single")

)                       

),

"", [DATE]

)

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Please try 

IF(

ISNOTBLANK(

INTERSECT(

LIST( [RESULTS 1],[RESULTS 2],[RESULTS 3]), 

LIST("group", "single")

)                       

),

"", [DATE]

)

Thank you so much, Suvrutt. This worked actually how I needed it to. In the process, also found another action that was cancelling out this one so was able to fix it as well. My mistake! Thanks again!

You are welcome. When comparing two lists, please feel free to use INTERSECT().

IN() works with finding a single element in a list.

Oh! That makes sense. I was reading through the documentation and trying to understand the difference between both. I really appreciate that tip!

Top Labels in this Space