Need advice with reference tables

Hi there,

I have two tables which i want to connect:

1. Comments (the column Author links to the Personnel table)
  2. Personnel

I want the “author” attribute to have an initial value of username() so that the author of the comment doesnt need to select himself from the drop down everytime they make a comment.

HOWEVER, when i set it up this way, when someone adds a new comment then there is a yellow (!) next to their own name in the Author field. Keeping this will result in the Comment entry NOT linking to the Personnel.

Any good ideas for this?

thanks

Solved Solved
0 2 326
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Most likely, the Personnel table has a key column that is not the user name. In the Comment table, if you have a Ref column to the Personnel table, the expectation is that any values you add there are actual keys in the referenced table. Otherwise, the UI will flag them as broken references (the yellow warning symbol).

Note: you should probably use USEREMAIL() instead of USERNAME(). It is more reliable

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Most likely, the Personnel table has a key column that is not the user name. In the Comment table, if you have a Ref column to the Personnel table, the expectation is that any values you add there are actual keys in the referenced table. Otherwise, the UI will flag them as broken references (the yellow warning symbol).

Note: you should probably use USEREMAIL() instead of USERNAME(). It is more reliable

hi praveen,

got it to work with your advice. thanks

Top Labels in this Space