Need help with an expression

Rod
Bronze 3
Bronze 3

Looking help with an expression to build both a view in the app and a report to be mailed.

Here is what I'm trying to achieve, this is a google doc that I created that allows the user to select a driver and input the total number of trips for that Section during specific dates. It's a manual entry. I would like to generate a report similar to this, doesn't have to be exact, actually it can be a list.

Selection_628.png

Here is the table that documents the daily trip count per section

Selection_629.png

I'm doing a sum select, which works fine to get a sum for a specific selection, clearly doesn't show what I want. Should I add an AND in front with another condition to display the driver? 

And for a report (PDF) what would the start expression look like? 

SUM(
SELECT(
Shuttles[Section A],
AND(
([Date]>=[_THISROW].[Start Date]),
([Date]<=[_THISROW].[End Date]))))

Thanks for your feedback and input!! Also you don't need to submit the entire expression, just need to get going in the right direction. Thanks!

0 6 185
6 REPLIES 6

Hi there. Quick ask: do u know that if u change the key to driverยดs name it will be solved?

Rod
Bronze 3
Bronze 3

How? I can see where it changes the name in the table, but don't see where it changes the result in the expression. Or...where should I change the expression?

I'm getting this, but it's not showing the total for a section within a date range..

Selection_648.png

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

@Rod wrote:

I'm doing a sum select, which works fine to get a sum for a specific selection, clearly doesn't show what I want.

Clearly? I can't make sense of your post. What does your data table look like? In what way does your results table not look as you want? What are the exact expressions you're using? Where are you using them?

@diogolupcosta's suggestion to change the row key is a bad idea.

Rod
Bronze 3
Bronze 3

Sorry for the late response, been dealing with an illness and I apologize if I didn't show this correctly. 

What I'm trying to do is show a sum of total trips for a section, for each driver within a date range.

I would like to generate that and send it off as a PDF

For example:

Date Range4/1/22to4/15/22
DriverSection ASection BSection C
Rod15221

This is the table: 

IDDriverSection ASection BSection CDate
4868347fKen Casiday41 5/11/2022
230c72ceKen Pope22 5/11/2022
d196eb45Orlando Pate6  5/11/2022
6d0bf38aJudy Ellefson4 15/11/2022
08a0b4eeTrevor M.24 5/11/2022

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

<<Start:UNIQUE(
  SELECT(
    Shuttles[Driver],
    AND(
      ([Date] >= [_THISROW].[Start Date]),
      ([Date] <= [_THISROW].[End Date])
    )
  )
)>>
<<SUM(
  SELECT(
    Shuttles[Section A],
    AND(
      ([Driver] = [_THISROW-1].[Driver]),
      ([Date] >= [_THISROW].[Start Date]),
      ([Date] <= [_THISROW].[End Date])
    )
  )
)>>

Close. Using this I get a sum of the total trips for that section within the date rage

SUM(
SELECT(
Shuttles[Section A],
AND(
([Date]>=[_THISROW].[Start Date]),
([Date]<=[_THISROW].[End Date]))))

How can I auto show that result by each driver and their total trips? i.e. 

Sum of Section A = 28
Tom 5
Don 10
Mary 13

and not having to select the driver in the form?
Again, only choosing a date range
or, is that possible?
Top Labels in this Space