Need help with automatic daily form updates to default values.

I own a small fleet of school buses and would like to create an app that allows my drivers to log student rides in the mornings and afternoons when they pickup and drop off the kids from home and school respectively. I have a question:

How do I make the app create a new editable form each day? What I have currently has the user select the date, then select one of the pick up and drop off answers to whether or not the student rode the bus: "Yes", "No", or  "Pending", but the selection choice remains on the app the next day. How can I get the user selected choice to reset to a default choice "Pending" each new day?

0 3 68
3 REPLIES 3

Not sure I fully understand what you are doing, in particular the structure of tables and data.  But firstly I'd set a column with an Intial Value of Now().  This gives you a DateTime of when it was created.  Then I'd do something like this as an app formula for [Student Rode Bus]:

IF(
[Created]=Today(),
[Student Rode Bus],
"Pending"
)

Simon, 1minManager.com

Or alternatively have a bot run at midnight that resets the value to "Pending"

Thanks for your response 1minManager. I tried using the app formula method you suggested using Time as a condition, and it did change the column values for all rows to "Pending", but it also got rid of all the other possible choices from which I  want users to choose. My goal is to have each row defaulted to "Pending" and still have the "Yes" and "No" buttons as possible choices when the form is reopened for editing each day. Perhaps I have my data structured poorly; is there a different way I could achieve this goal other than my current set up?

Top Labels in this Space