Need help with pulling an image from a child table...

Hi all!

This is really annoying as it is a simple task, and yet I am not getting Appsheet to fill anything in.  There are 3 tables in question:

Tasks - Represents a job for a client, and I want to pull the icon of the main task service (if multiple)
Task Services  - Joins a Service to a Job, and pulls icon from Services, and has a boolean if row is the Main Service of that task
Services - Listing of all available services, with a Service Icon

Task Services correctly pulls the icon using [Service].[Icon], but when I try to use Lookups or Selects from the Tasks table, it doesn't pull anything.  This is what I have tried:

ANY(SELECT(Task Services[Icon], AND([Task ID] = [_THISROW].[Task ID], [Main Service?] = TRUE))

Any thoughts as to what I am missing here?  

0 3 86
3 REPLIES 3

That seems like it should work. What does it do instead? Generate an error? Or pull some other value?

An equivalent, and more performant, expression would be:

ANY( SELECT( [Related Task Services][Icon] , [Main Service?] ) )

It doesn't do anything.  When I use the column as a thumbnail, there is no image shown, and when I examine the Google Sheet, there isn't any data in the column.  I also edit the task table to cause an update on that row, and still nothing.

App Formulas in real columns only evaluate when that record is edited. Virtual Columns re-evaluate upon every sync.

Top Labels in this Space