Need to pass default data from external link

I would like a regular URL to be able to call open a record in my app, and pre-populated a field.  This is what I tried but no luck.  I also tried with the %22 being double quote.

https://www.appsheet.com/start/32dc2d71-f30e-447c-aab3-019e468d51c2#table=My%20ROI%20Calculator%20In...}

(I appended to this question but did not get a response.)

Any ideas on what I am doing wrong?

Thanks,

Scott

0 8 189
8 REPLIES 8

@Scott_Nesbitt  Could you share a few more details? May we know how are you trying to create the prefill value? Is it always same for all records to be opened or it varies from record to record with some logic? If so, may we know that logic if any you have to construct that prefill value for each record?

I have a record that is partially filled out when first created (created by, create date, row ID, etc).   It then redirects to an external app (not AppSheet) to do some other work, and that app needs to pass a value back to the original AppSheet app and I want to store the returned value in the record.

Thanks for the pointer to the API!   I was able to update the value in the row.

My only remaining problem is that AppSheet does not recognize that the Sheet was updated, even after a sync.  I have to totally reload the app for it to see the change.

Do I have to pass something in the properties section of the body to tell Sheets/AppSheet that the update happened?

@Scott_Nesbitt wrote:

AppSheet does not recognize that the Sheet was updated, even after a sync.  I have to totally reload the app for it to see the change

After syncing an app, there's data present in the data source that isn't reflected in the app? If that's what you mean, it certainly sounds like there's an error somewhere.

Correct.  I see the updates in the Sheeet, click sync in the app, but the updated data do not appear until I totally reload the app in the browser.

Thank you. Yes, @TeeSee1 's latest suggestion sounds the way to go in your case.

Top Labels in this Space