Need to provide more detailed info to app store on how my app uses location

My app was rejected because I need to give more detailed information about how it uses the location.  Full text of the rejection is at the bottom of this post. 

My app currently looks like the screenshot on the left.  It actually needs to give the same information as the example on the right.  "Turning on location services allows us to show you distilleries that are nearby."

How/where do I make this change?  I used AppSheet so I have no idea what a Info.plist file is, or how to use xCode.

Looks like this.jpegExample of what it needs to look like.jpeg

Guideline 5.1.1 - Legal - Privacy - Data Collection and Storage

We noticed that your app requests the user’s consent to access the location, but doesn’t sufficiently explain the use of the location in the purpose string.

To help users make informed decisions about how their data is used, permission request alerts need to explain and include an example of how your app will use the requested information.

Next Steps

Please revise the purpose string in your app’s Info.plist file for the location to explain why your app needs access and include an example of how the user's data will be used.

You can modify your app's Info.plist file using the property list editor in Xcode.

0 1 637
1 REPLY 1

Maulik

@C13slam  you just have to update your info.plist with location access test with your purpose for access location.

Top Labels in this Space