New Action Button

Is there anyway of hiding the ‘New’ action within a dropdown field; I have a few Ref columns within the forms on the app. I have restricted the permissions of columns and behaviour actions but still when I test user accounts that do not have the ability to add new rows to a table the action still shows. When the action is clicked they are redirected to a blank form so no inputs are available.

I have hidden all system actions and created new ones with appropriate permissions; but this didnt do the trick.

Is this an AppSheet bug?
2X_7_70163ed95e69624ce6248dae178f6ae9871bb440.png

Solved Solved
0 8 610
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

8 REPLIES 8

@Sarah_Keown how exactly are you looking whether or not a specific user can add records? And yes, I believe that if the user has restricted access at the table level this is a bug.

@praveen this is such a consistent question within the community…

Well in the table itself (the referenced table) I have specificed the users that can edit user records using the ‘Editable_If’ constraint.

And I have expressions within the Actions (add, edit and delete) for the referenced table using the “Only if this condition is true” field I specify the same users with editing ability.

@Sarah_Keown you have to adjust this at the table level. See this here:
https://help.appsheet.com/en/articles/961472-controlling-add-update-and-delete

Thank you!

@Grant_Stead I was thinking that you might be able to control the “New” button inside a Ref dropdown via the corresponding Add action for the table (in actions) - but no go.

The Add action (of the table) is not tied to the “New” button inside a ref dropdown; the only way to remove it is indeed through table/slice edit permissions.

Yeah, it’s messy…

One way to clean up the mess:

If you create a slice (to remove the “Add” permissions of a table in a specific space in your app), you get the corresponding inline, form, detail views - which you then need to conform right?

I’ve been making use of the inline view’s event action to launch a LINKTOROW() deeplink that opens the record they tapped in the original detail view (or form, whatever); this way I don’t have to conform the slice’s detail view so it’s the same as the main table’s.

Yes. Agreed.

Top Labels in this Space