New Bug Encountered: App transfer failed

I have played around under my personal office account for a while (and liked it very much) and the company has given me a technical account now (de.appsheet.noreply@veolia.com). I wanted to transfer the created app to the official account but got an error. Why is this?

TIA
Ole

0 5 210
5 REPLIES 5

Can you please contact support@appsheet.com?

Thanks. I did so.

Found my problem:

on a dual screen PC

• I open chrome on the left side, logged in with โ€œsven-ole.grโ€ฆia.comโ€

• I open chrome on the right side, logged in with โ€œde.appsheโ€ฆia.comโ€

on the left chrome I tried to transfer ownership to the new user but of course the logged on credentials changed ALSO on the left Chrome.

I thought I was logged on with TWO users but in fact I was only logged on with the new user on BOTH Chromes

I logged off, did the transfer only in ONE Chrome and in the correct account and - e voila - it works.

Does this make sense ?

Cheers

Ole

It does indeed!

unhandy though - the โ€œtransferโ€ Process dosnโ€™t copy the G-Sheet that holds the data and updates the reference to it. Instead the transferred project complains about โ€œData File not foundโ€.

I have to โ€ฆ

• share the sheet to the new user (now the app is in the new account and the reference to the data in the old account - kind of mixed mode)

• create a local copy of the entire project incl. data copy

• delete the original project (with the data reference to the old account)

• remove the share from the old G-Sheet

this is not truly intuitive and - as a wish - during transfer ask โ€œCopy G-Sheet with data as wellโ€)

But fair enough as this is not an allday task

Cheers

Ole

Top Labels in this Space