New Bug Encountered: Changing the value of a column

So I often use an action to set a column to โ€œSend Reportโ€ and then to โ€œโ€ to trigger a workflow where [Column]=โ€œSend Reportโ€. To do this Iโ€™d normally have to create 2 actions to set the column data an another to โ€œexecute a sequence of actionsโ€ . Doing it this way works fine - the workflow triggers

Iโ€™ve tried to use the updated option by having one action set to โ€œSet the values of some columns in this rowโ€ and having the same 2 column changes set inside that one action. Doing it this way does not trigger the workflow. Also when I watch the speadsheet cell that should be changed - it never changes. Curriously in the workflow log it shows that it has triggered

Is this a bug or am I using it wrong? Canโ€™t you have the same column changed more than once in the same action?

Solved Solved
0 2 322
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

The Set the values of some columns in this row action is one action that modifies several columns in a single row. After all of the column values have been set, then the modified row is saved and then workflow can act on it. By the time workflow sees it, all changes in your action are complete.

Setting multiple column values with this action is equivalent to the user interacting with the row in a form.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

The Set the values of some columns in this row action is one action that modifies several columns in a single row. After all of the column values have been set, then the modified row is saved and then workflow can act on it. By the time workflow sees it, all changes in your action are complete.

Setting multiple column values with this action is equivalent to the user interacting with the row in a form.

Thanks for the explanation @Steve

Top Labels in this Space