New Bug Encountered: Comments in Google sheets column headers not reliably imported

Column Description: The description, if provided, is shown to the user instead of the field name in ...

The functionality referred to above does not work reliably. Out of 21 column header comments only 3 were imported.

0 6 279
6 REPLIES 6

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Did the comments exist when the table that uses the worksheet was added to the app? If not, have the table’s columns been regenerated since the columns were added?

The comments were added after the table was added to the app.
The table’s columns were regenerated multiple times after adding the comments, I even tried removing all comments, regenerating, re-adding all comments, and once again regenerating.

@Steve

I quickly tested with sample app, where we placed “Comment” to first row and few column and generate table out of it.
Yes, I could regenerate the issue, for some column, the comment is picked and pushed to description, but for some, it did not happen. Looks a bug or at least a glitch.

@Takuya_Miyai

Escalated.

If you have not done so, can you submit a bug with a simple repro?
It should be pretty easy to debug if we have that.

If regenerates are involved, please describe the exact steps to reproduce the problem.
Regenerate is complex because we need to choose between preserving the description (which the user may have entered or edited) and overriding the existing description with the latest description from the worksheet. Our goal is to preserve any changes the user may have made via the Editor. I do not recall the exact logic we use for handling the description when doing a regenerate, but as you can imagine this can be tricky.

Any update on this?
I experienced the same result.

Chosk_0-1683645302649.pngChosk_1-1683645317683.png

Top Labels in this Space