New Bug Encountered: Date column with Initial Value Today()

Hi

I have several date columns with an initial value of TODAY().

In the app on iPhone iOS 13, these fields auto populate when clicking on them.
In the app on iPad iOS 13, these fields DO NOT auto populate. A user must enter the date manually.

Michael

Solved Solved
0 12 659
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Michael_Serafini, I think whatโ€™s happening is that when you tap the date in your iPhone it opens the date picker (defaults to todayโ€™s date), but on the iPad the date picker doesnโ€™t open and the normal keyboard pops up instead. Is that correct?

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

@Gil Any thoughts about this?

Hi @Michael_Serafini,
Iโ€™m a bit confused here, if the column have an initial value, it should be populated when you open the form, not when you tap the field.
Is the date field empty when you open the form?

Hi Gil

Yes the field is empty when I open the form. This is the case on both device types iPhone and iPad. Here are the settings for the date column.

@Michael_Serafini, Thatโ€™s very strange. Would you mind if I take a look in your app?

It is under another account curbsidecleanup and is named CC Participants

Thanks @Michael_Serafini,
Initial value is the default value to be assigned to the column when you create a new row, but in your app you are editing existing rows, so the initial value is never used.

Thanks, Gil. My original issue is different behavior between iPhone and iPad when clicking on the date fieldโ€ฆ

I have several date columns with an initial value of TODAY().

In the app on iPhone iOS 13, these fields auto populate when clicking on them.
In the app on iPad iOS 13, these fields DO NOT auto populate. A user must enter the date manually.

Iโ€™d check that the Appsheet App on both devices is the same version. Go into menu then about. Maybe one has an older version before you used Today()

Also check that they arenโ€™t using different logins. You can see this also in the same area. If they are different its possible that youโ€™ve got code, a securty filter or slice that might affect them differently

Failing that, uninstall Appsheet and reinstall on the iPad

Simon@1minManager.com

@Michael_Serafini, I think whatโ€™s happening is that when you tap the date in your iPhone it opens the date picker (defaults to todayโ€™s date), but on the iPad the date picker doesnโ€™t open and the normal keyboard pops up instead. Is that correct?

Yes. That is exactly what is happening.

@Michael_Serafini A fix should be out this afternoon (PST).

We are good to go. The date field works as expected on the iPad. Thank you!

Top Labels in this Space