New Bug Encountered: Dates turning invalid in enum list dropdown field

I am building an ordering system, with a selection box for product picks by date.

Whenever I add a single date, the field seems to update itself, inserting the serial number as the year, leading to an invalid date error (See pick date field in screen clip below). I have checked the underlying data in the spreadsheet, and it is correct.
2X_4_4987ca437cc36cbe79d1c74a62981b1bda3c8020.png

Can someone tell me if this is something I am doing, or if it is a bug?

Thanks,

Vic

Solved Solved
0 18 1,313
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

The column type in gSheet was a date and because the column type is EnumList, it needs to be Text type field.

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

What are the app formula and initial value expressions for Pick Date?

Both are blank. The valid_if formula is a reference to a field in another table, (picks[pick date]).

The field acts as a definition to call up a list of picks to pull through to a delivery note.

It works perfectly until the form saves and updates.

Is there a spreadsheet formula in the Pick Date spreadsheet column?

Are there any actions attached to the form?

Are there any workflows for the table?

No spreadsheet formula, no actions, but I am building a workflow.

The workflow outputs a report when the delivery note is marked as ready to send.

And the value written to the spreadsheet is correct?

What serial number?

Yes, the value written to the spreadsheet is correct.

The spreadsheet translates all dates to a 5-digit serial number. In the screenshot above, the intended date is 09/July/2019, which is stored in excel, google sheets, etc, as the serial number โ€œ43655โ€.

Pick date column should read 09/07/2019, but instead, appsheet seems to be taking the date serial number and reading it as a Year - outputting 01/Jan/43655.

Below is a view of the current data in the sheet, as seen in AppSheet. As you can see, the issue doesnโ€™t come up if there is more than one date selected.

2X_a_a2cf90275886a579d72036b1a21e1eb164b4ce7e.png

Victor

Ah, so you have a type mismatch. Change the spreadsheet column type for the Pick Date column to date.

Tried that:

• spreadsheet column is โ€œDateโ€
  • Appsheet column type is โ€œEnum Listโ€, base type โ€œDateโ€

Still getting the same issue.

Well, Iโ€™m at a loss! @Aleksi, can you look into this further?

Lol. Glad itโ€™s not just me! Iโ€™ve been scratching my head on this for about 3 hours! Thanks for trying @Steve

Once you guys figure it out, please let me know what it was.

Steve - As it turns out - We needed to set the gSheet column type to Text, rather than date.

All fixed now.

@Victor_Medina May I ask what is your account ID number and app name if I check your app? Also can you temporary share that gSheet as well with aleksi@appsheet.com?

Sent via DM.

Victor

How about the ID and app name so I could check the app as well?

I sent it to you on the message. Donโ€™t want to disclose on a public forumโ€ฆ

The column type in gSheet was a date and because the column type is EnumList, it needs to be Text type field.

Thanks, @Aleksi!

Top Labels in this Space