New Bug Encountered: In Workflow PDF DOC

Hi there,
I think there is a BUG regarding workflows Doc. Its supposed to send a PDF like a sheet with separate rows, but it seems that some how now is not separating the rows.
Please see the pictures, no DOC where change before this:

0 10 518
10 REPLIES 10

Would you please take a printscreen from your template.

Try adding a carriage return after the << Start >> expression.
That is just after the end of the entire << Start >> expression.
Add another carriage return just before the << End >> expression.

It separates the names from the table, but is not adding the black line between rows.

I have the same issue. (Was working normally until a day or two ago.)

Please try removing the << End >> from the left most cell in the row and move it to the right most cell in the row.

That should repeat the entire row for each value in the << Start >> expression.

This was the solution for me. The carriage return didnโ€™t help.

@Phil Can you please explain, why this changed?

I recently enhanced how << Start >> and << If >> expressions can be used in table cells.
I am in the process of rolling out that change, which is why you saw the recent change in behavior.
I tried to greatly improve the power of << Start >> and << If >> expressions while retaining backward compatibility. It appears that my change affected your existing template. I am sorry about that.

Here are examples of what I am trying to allow you to achieve with enhanced << Start >> expressions.

These templates:

Produce these results:

Look at the last four templates and their corresponding results to see how the placement of the << End >> expression affects the outcome.

When the << End >> is in the rightmost table cell, the entire row is repeated for each value in the << Start >> expression.

When the << Start >> and << End >> are in the same cell, the values between the << Start >> and << End >> are repeated for each value in the << Start >> expression but are all listed in that cell.

I do not illustrate it, but you can even have one << Start >> and << End >> in one cell in the row and other << Start >> and << End >> expressions in other cells in that row.

I do not illustrate it in the examples, but << If >> expressions have also been enhanced.

1. You can use multiple << If >> expressions in each table cell.
  2. An << If >> expression can control whether a value is displayed in a table cell or not.
  3. An << If >> expression can control how a data value is formatted in the table cell. We preserve the formatting of the values inside the << If >> and matching << EndIf >> including the font color, size, bold, italic, etc.
  4. << If >> expressions can be nested to arbitrary depths.

Thanks Phil!

Fascinating. This explains why the below workflow is producing all the names in the same cell, whereas until now they were on separate lines. However, would I be correct to assume that in my example, the only solution is to create a nested table? (Note the separate Start expressions in each column.)
2X_c_c36516c3f98c3b7d2eb08643cff4805c807e9dab.png

Top Labels in this Space