New Bug Encountered: Nested Forms couldn't be settled to "Required" in order to maintain DB consistency lo

For try and error, I temporarily removed from โ€œParentโ€ table / Reference Column the โ€œIsPartOfโ€ option, which I had settled to be Required in order to maintain the DB consistency between GranParent, Parent and Child tables. Now that I try to reverse it all over again, even though the ADD or NEW works, it became eligible for the user to hit it to proceed filling out the Childโ€™s Form or NOT, cause AppSheet in the recent updates apparently disabled this option. Here you can see what seems impossible to do nowโ€ฆ

Update: It seems that every Virtual Column, not just Ref Columns, with App Formulas have been excluded for being settled to Requiredโ€ฆ

Any idea on how to deal with this?

0 2 432
2 REPLIES 2

One way is if you write a Valid If like ISNOTBLANK([VirtualColumnName]) but you need to add it into another column (normal)

If that Expression is used in a New Column, then the requirement would be for this new field and the user may skip to fill out the entire Child Table anyway, which wouldnโ€™t solve the problem.

Is there a way to escalate this issue with the Appsheet tech people?
Adding a Normal Column to check out a Virtual Column? If it worked in the past, why change it now? Bellow what I had in an older versionโ€ฆ

2X_5_526da1ec82515d22729440c156fdf99aa7c538e3.jpeg

Top Labels in this Space