New Bug Encountered: Nested Forms couldn't be settled to "Required" in order to maintain DB consistency lo

For try and error, I temporarily removed from “Parent” table / Reference Column the “IsPartOf” option, which I had settled to be Required in order to maintain the DB consistency between GranParent, Parent and Child tables. Now that I try to reverse it all over again, even though the ADD or NEW works, it became eligible for the user to hit it to proceed filling out the Child’s Form or NOT, cause AppSheet in the recent updates apparently disabled this option. Here you can see what seems impossible to do now…

Update: It seems that every Virtual Column, not just Ref Columns, with App Formulas have been excluded for being settled to Required…

Any idea on how to deal with this?

0 2 431
2 REPLIES 2

One way is if you write a Valid If like ISNOTBLANK([VirtualColumnName]) but you need to add it into another column (normal)

If that Expression is used in a New Column, then the requirement would be for this new field and the user may skip to fill out the entire Child Table anyway, which wouldn’t solve the problem.

Is there a way to escalate this issue with the Appsheet tech people?
Adding a Normal Column to check out a Virtual Column? If it worked in the past, why change it now? Bellow what I had in an older version…

2X_5_526da1ec82515d22729440c156fdf99aa7c538e3.jpeg

Top Labels in this Space